Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Russo's Reflection

When I first started this project I had really never even known about the incidents in darfur but now that I have read up on the, I have realised that there terrible. Now that I know whats happening, i will probably pay more attention to this in the news and them trying to stop this awful genocide. I think that they probably would need to get a new government for the country of Sudan but that cant happen without the help of the UN and other organizations. I think that the reports of the Sudanese government helping out the janjaweed was terrible. That made the problem even worse for the citizens. This event reminded me a lot of the Halocaust because oncea gain this was a terrible violation of human rights. Also what the government of Sudan is doing is not counting everyone as an equal, this is once again another violation of human rights.

Another part of the problem is that no one is stepping in to try to stop the government, or not enough people are. I think that the UN needs to step in and do something and so does the US but i wouldnt want it to turn into another Iraq. Even though these are the top contenders to go in and help the citizens, I think there should also be a lot more people that need to help out the citizens but most of them dont have the Army size probably to do that. I also feel pretty terrible for the people that are going through this genocide and have to suffer for this stuff everyday. They dont have any homes anymore because the janjaweed is attacking them and taking all there stuff away to sell for money and other goods so that they can fund there terrible actions.

I am not entirely happy with the UN's actions because there not doing anything to help out the situation. There teh committee that is supposed to have stopped events that is just like the Holocaust. That is why they were established and there not doing there job right now. So basically there not doing what they were ment to do. I would suggest that they act quickly but I cant make that decision for them. The death total is very high and is continue to rise as we speak. So far there have been about 400,000 that have been killed and also more then 2million people have been kicked out or forced to move out of there homes because they were vurnt or invaded. They also say that there has been 3.5 million people that wouldnt be alive if it werent for aid. To me, thats pretty terrible.

My thought towards this situation is that there needs to be something done about it. To me there are many people that are trying to avoid the situiation which is not good at all. Also, the janjaweed are using airfare against the people. There shooting them if they try to defend there own homes. The Janjaeed are also leaving many people starving and dehydrated, not providing them with anything but taking it all away from them. The civilians are also trying to flea to other countries to try and get out of the torcher.

But there could be a good thing that is happening this year. Recently in April, they signed a seize fire agreement which will be in effect for 60 days. This is helping them try to make peace in the country between the goverment and janjaweed and between the civilians. I bielieve that this is a good start and that the whole world needs to start doing stuff like this a lot more to try and save these people from this terrible genocide. I bielieve that these problem can be solved and everyone needs to be a part in its solution.

No comments: