Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Spencer Callings Reflection

Before we were assigned this project I had only herd a little bit about this topic. I am very surprised because I would think that everyone should know about this terrible genocide. While I was doing research I was amazed on how bad this genocide was and that the UN and the Sudenese Government isn't doing anything about it.

This incedent in Darfur tells me that the Universal Declaration of Human Rights isn't really being enforced and that it isn't a big deal if a country doesn't follow it. The UN is taking no action into this situation that is occuring right now. I think that they think that it doesn't matter that this genocide is going on becuase it is in Darfur, Sudan which nobody cares or knows about. This relates to the Holocaust becuase inocent people are being killed because they aren't following the group that has the power which in this case is the Janjaweed. Also the Janjaweed is killing of one race like the Holocaust which is known as a genocide. But I don't think that this event is close as how bad the Holocaust was but this new genocide can escalate to that.

This event is so far from Humanism. I don't think that the Sudan government knows what humanism is. The government is taking no part in this situation, they are actually making the genocide worse because they are giving the Janjaweed money to help them kill more inocent people. I don't know why the government would help the Janjaweed becuase they are just ruining their country and is giving them a lot of work. I think that this is the worst job that I have ever seen a government do this bad to let this happen and not even try to solve it.

This genocide makes me wonder and it gives me a lot of questions on what the government is thinking and why the Janjaweed would want to do such horrible things. I feel very bad for all the inocent people that are getting killed and having to live in such harsh conditions. I think that the people should try and get help from other countries or even nations to help them get rid of the Janjaweed and get everything normal. I can only imagine how bad it must be to live there because the people must always be on the look out for the Janjaweed and if they attack them they can't try and stop them or else they will get killed.

Overall, I think this whole situation needs to be more publicly known around the world. People and countries need to know about this so they can put an end to it. I am surprised that not one nation has done anything or even said anything. I think that this whole thing needs to be resovled very quickly before it gets even worse.

No comments: